Far Eastern Federal UniversityAdd to Favourites
Established as the Far Eastern State University in 1899, it was closed under Joseph Stalin in the 1930s and reopened in 1956, two years after Nikita Khrushchev visited Vladivostok, where the university is based.
The university officially changed its English name to the Far Eastern National University in 2000 (the Russian name didn’t change). In 2010, it merged with the Far Eastern State Technical University (FESTU), Pacific State University of Economics (TSUE) and Ussuriisk State Pedagogical Institute (USPI), and became the Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU).
In 2013, a new campus on Russky Island, south of Vladivostok was opened to students, following its hosting of the 2012 APEC summit. Surrounded by woodland, the new campus faces an idyllic stretch of the Pacific Coast.
It is one of the best universities in the Russian Far East and one of the leading federal universities in Russia.
There are nine faculties: the Oriental Institute – school of regional and international Studies, school of arts, culture and sports, school of economics and management, school of engineering, school of law, school of education, school of natural sciences, school of biomedicine and school of humanities.
FEFU was the first Russian university to launch master’s degree programmes in English, which is complemented by their developing contact with Pacific Rim universities. It has nearly 50 branches in Russia, the USA, Japan, China and Korea and 80 partnership projects with universities across Europe and the world.
On-campus facilities include three 25m swimming pools, gyms, outdoor athletics tracks, a stadium with 2,000 seats and tennis and basketball courts.
8 Sukhanova Street, Vladivostok , 690950, Primorsky Krai, Russia