Any act or situation which is beyond our control is known as a “Force Majeure Event”. In such a circumstance, we are not liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of our obligations or contracts under our General Terms. Any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our control includes (but is not limited to):
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, cyber-attack, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Interruption or failure of utility service (including the inability to use public or private telecommunications networks).
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring any Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the General Terms or any related contract between us may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.