Data and Information
- These Additional Terms detail the additional terms and conditions which apply to your use of the EDUCOM NET platform , website and related services and should be read in conjunction with General Terms and Conditions ("General Terms"). The legal agreements set out below govern your use of the platform and detail the contracts between users and the platform.
- Please read both these Additional Terms and the General Terms carefully before using any part of EDUCOM NET. By using EDUCOM NET platform and/or any of the Websites or Services, you agree to the General Terms and any Additional Terms applicable, including these Additional Terms. Capitalised terms used but not otherwise defined in these Additional Terms have the meaning given to them in the General Terms.
- These Additional Terms and the General Terms (and any additional agreements referred to or contemplated in each of the foregoing) represent the entire agreement between us and you. In the event of a conflict of the General Terms, the terms of these Additional Terms shall prevail over General Terms.
- Without prejudice to our powers under the General Terms, you agree that we at our sole discretion, without notice to you, may: (i) terminate or amend the General Terms or these Additional Terms and/or any user’s account; and/or (ii) preclude any user’s access to the EDUCOM NET website(s) (or any part thereof), and seek any other lawful remedy available.
- When uploading your data to the EDUCOM NET portal the normal terms regarding user uploaded content do not apply. Instead the following does:
- You grant EDUCOM NET a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such data (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. With respect to all Data you post to the Website, you hereby waive any moral rights you have in the Data. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to EDUCOM NET, including the execution of deeds and documents, at our request.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Data and can grant the rights set out above. You also represent, warrant and undertake that:
7.1. The Data is accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief; and
7.2. use of the Data will not infringe the rights of any third parties (including that the Data is not defamatory); and
7.3. you have obtained all rights and consents that are necessary for you to provide the Data; and
7.4. you will immediately notify us of any Data that does not comply with these Additional Terms or may infringe the rights of, or cause damage to third parties.
7.5. You agree to indemnify EDUCOM NET and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against EDUCOM NET or its affiliates in respect of infringement of that third party’s intellectual property rights or arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.