In this course, you will learn how to design assessments around the needs of your ELL students and their language level. You will learn how to incorporate language and content requirements for both formative and summative assessment types. You will learn to assess your ELL students through the use of project and task-based assignments. You will learn to use and modify rubrics to align to and measure student achievement of your language and content learning objectives. The course will also briefly cover strategies for supporting ELL students during standardized testing.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
* Conceptualize theories of authentic assessment as they apply to second language learners
* Design formative assessment types incorporating language and content objectives
* Design summative assessment types incorporating language and content objectives
* Incorporate project and task-based assignments as assessment tools for ELLs
* Design rubrics that align to language and content objectives for your ELL(s)
* Apply the use of rubrics, both language and content, to the work of your ELL(s).
* Support your ELL(s) as they participate in standardized testing