Auckland University of TechnologyAdd to Favourites
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) creates graduates who are world ready, not just career ready. Curiosity, creativity, connection and collaboration are the new global currency. That’s why they’re at the core of AUT’s teaching philosophy to ensure its students thrive in this world of rapid technological change.
AUT is proudly and uniquely Kiwi with a firmly global perspective. Students share this outlook and ambition, whether they choose to go on to live in New Zealand or the 80 different countries its alumni now call home. With a dynamic and diverse staff and student population, comprehensive student support services, and world-class facilities and resources, AUT is committed to enabling students to achieve their aspirations.
A beautiful and safe place to live and study, Auckland was ranked third in the world in Mercer’s 2019 Quality of Living index, and among the top 30 cities in the world in the QS Best Student Cities 2019 ranking.
AUT is consistently ranked #1 in New Zealand for International Outlook, with over 6,000 international students from 141 countries (Times Higher Education 2020).
Offering a vibrant student life and a range of support services and facilities, it’s easy to get involved and make the most of your student experience. With over 29,000 students, AUT is the second largest university in New Zealand, and 89% of students would recommend the university to others. AUT offers the following:
- Student support services-- AUT offers some of the most comprehensive student services and support in New Zealand-- so you know you'll be well looked after when you study here
- Employability and career services -- The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate
- Clubs and activities -- A wide range of clubs are available, from the Student Association to clubs focused on sports, entrepreneurship, investment, and more
- Orientation -- Orientation is a great start to your student journey-- it will help prepare you for life and study at AUT
- Graduation -- Experience the pride of receiving your qualification in person; ceremonies are held twice a year
- International exchange opportunities -- Spend a semester or two at one of our partner universities on an international exchange
Thanks to its innovative teaching, excellent reputation and focus on real-world experience and work-integrated learning, AUT graduates are highly favoured by employers, with 94% of available graduates in paid employment within nine months of graduation.
AUT encourages innovation and entrepreneurship, and its degree programmes prepare students for successful careers in the changing world.
The University’s three campuses boast world-class facilities, including the award-winning Sir Paul Reeves building, Mana Hauora building (opened in 2017) and Nga Wai Hono building (opened in 2018). Built using sustainable design principles, they feature eye-catching, modern and functional learning spaces, auditoriums and research areas.
In addition, AUT offers its students access to on-campus medical centres, childcare centres, libraries, gyms and student accommodation.
Auckland University of Technology offers 250 bachelor’s degrees, graduate diplomas, master’s degrees, MBAs and PhDs across the following areas:
- Art and design
- Colab: creative technologies
- Communication studies
- Engineering, computer and mathematical sciences
- Health sciences
- Hospitality, tourism and events
- Language and culture
- Social sciences and public policy
- Sport and recreation
- Te Ara Poutama - Māori development
Most international students qualify for domestic fees for PhD study (US$4,360 per year).
A young university with a growing reputation for research excellence and international outlook, AUT moved up 350 places in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings in the past four years-- placing in the top 300 universities worldwide in 2020, and #3 in New Zealand. Times Higher Education also placed AUT at #1 in New Zealand for global research impact, #2 in Australia-New Zealand for international outlook, and amongst the world’s top 20 millennial universities (founded in the 21st century).
Times Higher Education World University Rankings by subject 2020 ranked AUT in the following subjects:
- Arts and Humanities
- Clinical, pre-clinical and health
- Business and Economics
- Computer Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Social Sciences
Auckland University of Technology has an overall five-star rating from QS, in addition to five-star ratings for Internationalization, Teaching, Graduate employability, Research, Innovation, Inclusiveness, Sports (subject) and Facilities.
Building WA - level 2, 55 Wellesley Street East, Auckland Central 1010, New Zealand