Welcome to Foundations of Virtual Instruction! This course will help you 'up' your game and develop the advanced skills and techniques that elude even some of the most experienced virtual teachers in the K-12 space. Examine pitfalls and learn how to overcome them by focusing on the fundamentals that have the most significant impact on student learning in a blended or online environment. When you complete this course, you will be able to:
• Craft virtual learning experiences that align with your student's needs.
• Set up a learning environment to get to know your students, and they get to know each other.
• Use a variety of online tools to provide feedback and personalize the learning experience.
• Identify at-risk students and employ effective strategies for teaching them.
• Compare and contrast online and face-to-face learning communities.
• Apply strategies to make virtual courses more human.