MSc Exercise PhysiologyAdd to Favourites
- Study on a programme developed by world-leading researchers in our pioneering School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Access state-of-the-art physiology and biochemistry laboratories in our award-winning Tom Reilly Building
- Benefit from a strong emphasis on active learning and practical training
- Look forward to a variety of career opportunities, including working as an Exercise Physiologist in either sport science/athletic support or health assessment contexts, further study at Doctoral level and teaching and lecturing in science
- Study full-time (1 year) or part-time (2 years)
There has never been a more exciting time to undertake an MSc in Exercise Physiology. Sport represents one of the world’s major businesses and scientists have an increasingly prominent role in working with athletes, coaches, governing bodies and industry to help optimise elite performance.
This Masters programme is ideal if you want to go on to specialise in physiology-related studies at a doctoral level for academic and professional development or if you aspire to a professional career in exercise physiology.
During your studies you will be provided with detailed knowledge of physiology applied to sport and exercise contexts. The programme is also
designed to extend your knowledge beyond ‘classical’ exercise physiology studies and into the new arena of molecular exercise physiology. The curriculum is informed by a world class research infrastructure with over 20 full-time academic staff and support staff contributing to the taught modules and research dissertation.
You will be provided with extensive practical experience and academic development in fundamental scientific technical including research methods, statistical analysis and scientific communication.
As part of your course you will complete a record of competency in physiological assessment, deliver a conference presentation and gain first-hand experience of ‘wet lab’ techniques including western blotting and proteomics.
UniversityLiverpool John Moores University
Ground Floor Exchange Station, Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L2 2QP, United Kingdom