In this course, you will learn how businesses create value for customers. We will examine the process by which Marketing builds on a thorough understanding of buyer behavior to create value. You will learn the major elements of the marketing mix - product policy, channels of distribution, communication, and pricing - and see how they fit within different analytical frameworks that are useful to managers. This will enhance your understanding of how marketing works in the business world.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Define marketing and describe how marketing creates value
• Describe the elements of the marketing mix
• Explain how these elements interact to create value for consumers
• Use different analytical frameworks to examine how managers solve business problems
• Evaluate brand extensions
• Develop a marketing Plan proposal
This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu.